INSTALLATION OF A NEW JETTY - HAYLING ISLAND SAILING CLUB
1. Mariners are advised that a new jetty is due to be installed on the north side of Hayling Island Sailing Club commencing Monday 18 September 2017. The jetty will be a fixed structure terminating in a floating 'T' Head. The jetty replaces the floating jetty previously located here and extends a further 10 metres into the channel to offset the shoaling in this area.
2. The 'T' Head will be secured by means of two piles. These will be driven from the shore with the first pile due to be installed Tuesday 19 September 2017. The central position of the 'T' Head will be in approximate position:
3. The jetty will be marked by a red can day mark and two fixed red lights arranged vertically, 2F.R(vert).
4. Mariners are requested to proceed with caution when passing the works, and to note the 10 metre extension.
5. Works are expected to be completed by 30 September 2017.
Director and Harbour Master
15 September 2017