Harbour dues and charges
The revenue derived from harbour dues and from mooring fees is used by the Chichester Harbour Conservancy to meet the full cost of the management of the Harbour. This covers giving advice and assistance, maintenance of navigational aids and the enforcement of byelaws. This applies if your boat is kept on a permanent mooring, in one of the marinas or if you are visiting for a week or just a day.
In accordance with Section 73 of the Chichester Harbour Conservancy Act 1971, the receipt for payment of harbour dues for the current season, which starts on 01 April and runs until 31 March of the following year, is issued in the form of a plaque which MUST BE AFFIXED on the port side aft on the hull of the craft for which payment has been made, in accordance with the instructions on the reverse. THE CHARGE WILL BE DEEMED NOT TO HAVE BEEN PAID IN RESPECT OF ANY VESSEL ON THE WATER UNLESS THE PLAQUE HAS BEEN SO AFFIXED. The owner of a vessel evading payment or not displaying a plaque is liable to a penalty three times the amount of the charge plus VAT. Section 75 of the Act of 1971 refers.
- All dues are valid from 01 April to 31 March of the following year.
- All rates reduce by 50% for vessels entering the harbour after 30 September.
- All prices quoted include VAT at 20%.
- Harbour Dues can be purchased at:
- The Harbour Office, Itchenor
- The Harbour Office, Emsworth
- From Patrol staff either on the hard at Itchenor or afloat
- Download and complete the application form and submit it with your payment to the Harbour Office
- From most sailing clubs and marinas (visitor dues only)
ALL VESSELS (INCLUDING TENDERS, JETSKIS, CANOES, KAYAKS AND WINDSURFERS) USING THE HARBOUR HAVE A STATUTORY OBLIGATION TO PAY HARBOUR DUES AND TO DISPLAY THEIR HARBOUR DUES PLAQUE. PLEASE CALL THE HARBOUR OFFICE ON 01243 512301 FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
Download a copy of our Scale of Charges 2018/19.
Download an Application Form for Harbour Dues.
If you have lost, or need a replacement harbour dues plaque a fee of £6.00 will apply. Please complete the Application for a Replacement Harbour Dues Plaque and send it to the harbour office at Itchenor.