Work for us
We are currently recruiting for:
Assistant Patrol Officers - casual
Would you like to spend the summer working with a skilled, dynamic and fun team?
• Do you enjoy a busy, active, marine environment which is different every day?
• Are you available to work weekends and over 18?
• Do you enjoy meeting people and providing assistance?
• Do you enjoy taking on responsibility?
If so, we have seasonal opportunities in our Patrol team for part time work based in Itchenor.
RYA Powerboat Level II certificate, VHF operators licence are desirable along with a good knowledge of Chichester Harbour.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Phil Walker — Deputy Harbour Master on 01243 510000.
To apply, please read the guidance for applicants and the job description and person specification carefully. Complete the application form and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Chichester Harbour Conservancy, Harbour Office, Itchenor, PO20 7AW.
* Please note work experience places for 2018 are now full*
The Conservancy accepts two students per year on work experience placements. The emphasis is on education, nature conservation and harbour management. Preference will be given to students attending local schools and/or with their main residence in the Harbour area.
We can offer a maximum of one week’s work equivalent to five working days. The period of work is likely to include the weekends on either side of the working week with equivalent time off during the week. Work Experience is only available between Easter and October.
Guidelines for applicants:
- you need to be happy to work both in an office and outdoors
- you will probably be asked to assist with a guided walk of some distance
- you are likely to be involved with a practical outdoor tasks with the Rangers
- you need appropriate outdoor gear for wet and muddy conditions and for going out on the water (a lifejacket will be supplied)
- you will require family support with transport due to the rural locations of our offices at Itchenor and Dell Quay
- written consent will be required from parents as placements are likely to include at least one session on the water
Due to health and safety at work regulations not all tasks are appropriate for work experience students.
Applications are accepted in the autumn for placements in the following year. All suitable applications will be held on file until the last working day of January when all applications will be considered. Successful applicants will be contacted to confirm dates. All unsuccessful applicants will be notified.
Please complete the Work Experience Application Form and post it to:
Chichester Harbour Conservancy
or email it to email@example.com marked FAO Education Officer