We are looking to recruit a full-time Receptionist to be the first point of contact at our busy Harbour Office. You will deliver professional customer service whilst fielding the many and varied queries that we receive every day either in person or by phone. You will take payment and issue harbour dues plaques to customers, provide visitor information to the public, prepare outgoing post and accept deliveries and support the finance team.
You will be:
- outgoing and confident and enjoy being in a busy publicly facing environment
- confident communicating on all levels with a diverse range of customers, visitors and colleagues to ensure a smooth-running operation
- experienced in cash handling, till use and basic reconciliations
- experienced in telephone call handling
- confident using Office software and comfortable learning to use new systems
- good at problem solving and able to use your initiative
- able to travel using your own transport due to the location of the office
- competitive pay, pension and holiday
- free uniform and car parking
- ongoing training
- enjoyable, varied work in a beautiful location
The position is full-time but we would consider offering a part-time job-share. A good knowledge of the Chichester Harbour area would be an advantage, but full training will be given.
Pay: £18,795 - £19,171 per year (Grade 4)
Closing date: 1700 Wednesday 15 May
To apply, please read the job description and person specification carefully then download and complete the application form in full and send by email to email@example.com or post to Harbour Office, Itchenor, West Sussex, PO20 7AW. Applications made via CV only will not be accepted.