Assistant Patrol Officers and Harbour Assistant Itchenor Hard - seasonal
Would you like to spend the summer working with a skilled, dynamic and fun team?
Do you enjoy a busy, active, marine environment which is different every day?
Are you available to work weekends and over 18?
Do you enjoy meeting people and providing assistance?
Do you enjoy taking on responsibility?
If so, we have seasonal opportunities in our Patrol team for full and part time work and for a Harbour Assistant to work weekends in Itchenor.
RYA Powerboat Level II certificate, VHF operators licence are desirable along with a good knowledge of Chichester Harbour.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Phil Walker — Deputy Harbour Master on 01243 510000.
To apply, please read the Job Description and Person Specification carefully and then complete the application form in full, demonstrating how you meet the requirements set out in the Person Specification.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday 1 March 2019
Assistant Patrol Officer Job Description
Harbour Assistant Itchenor Hard Job Description
Person Specification for seasonal positions
The Conservancy accepts two students per year on work experience placements. The emphasis is on education, nature conservation and harbour management. Preference will be given to students attending local schools and/or with their main residence in the Harbour area.
We can offer a maximum of one week’s work equivalent to five working days. The period of work is likely to include the weekends on either side of the working week with equivalent time off during the week.
Guidelines for applicants:
• you need to be happy to work both in an office and outdoors
• you will probably be asked to assist with a guided walk of some distance
• you are likely to be involved with a practical outdoor tasks with the Rangers
• you need appropriate outdoor gear for wet and muddy conditions and for going out on the water (a life jacket will be supplied)
• you will require family support with transport due to the rural locations of our offices at Itchenor and Dell Quay
• written consent will be required from parents as placements are likely to include at least one session on the water
Due to health and safety at work regulations not all tasks are appropriate for work experience students.
Application deadlines for academic year, September 2018 – August 2019
Applications are accepted in the autumn for placements in the following year. Successful applicants will be contacted to confirm dates. All unsuccessful applicants will be notified.
or post to:
Chichester Harbour Conservancy