Job opportunities with Chichester Harbour Conservancy.
There are no current vacancies.
The Conservancy accepts two students per year on work experience placements. The emphasis is on education, nature conservation and harbour management. Preference will be given to students attending local schools and/or with their main residence in the Harbour area.
We can offer a maximum of one week’s work equivalent to five working days. The period of work is likely to include the weekends on either side of the working week with equivalent time off during the week.
Guidelines for applicants:
• you need to be happy to work both in an office and outdoors
• you will probably be asked to assist with a guided walk of some distance
• you are likely to be involved with a practical outdoor tasks with the Rangers
• you need appropriate outdoor gear for wet and muddy conditions and for going out on the water (a life jacket will be supplied)
• you will require family support with transport due to the rural locations of our offices at Itchenor and Dell Quay
• written consent will be required from parents as placements are likely to include at least one session on the water
Due to health and safety at work regulations not all tasks are appropriate for work experience students.
Application deadlines for academic year, September 2018 – August 2019
Applications are accepted in the autumn for placements in the following year. Successful applicants will be contacted to confirm dates. All unsuccessful applicants will be notified.
Please complete the Work Experience Application Form and or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org marked FAO Education Officer
or post to:
Chichester Harbour Conservancy