LNTM No.17 of 2018
Local Notice to Mariners No.17 of 2018
DREDGE OF BOSHAM QUAY
1. Mariners are advised that a maintenance dredge of Bosham Quay is due to commence Wednesday 21 November and continue for approximately 6 weeks subject to suitable weather conditions.
2. Mariners requiring access to the Bosham Quay should contact Chichester Harbour Radio VHF Channel 14 as access will be restricted.
3. Dredged material will be transported to the Nab Tower disposal site by the 21m Tug Storebror, towing the 34m barge VR49.
4. A temporary fore and aft mooring in the Bosham Channel has been established for Storebror and VR49 in position: 50º 49.298'N, 000º 52.071'W.
5. All vessels will display the lights and shapes required by the collision regulations and Storebror will maintain a listening watch on VHF channels 14 and 16.
6. During towing operations these vessels will be limited in their ability to manoeuvre and mariners are requested to give them a wide berth in the confined waters of Chichester Harbour.
7. Cancel this LNTM 7 January 2019.
Director & Harbour Master
19 November 2018