- Starting salary: £16,546 per annum (£318.20 per week)(£8.60/hour)
- Full time: 37 Hours a week to include some weekend and bank holiday working during the summer season (Easter-end October)
Exciting opportunity for a small commercial vessel crewmember apprentice to join the Harbour Team.
Chichester Harbour Conservancy is a friendly and welcoming organisation who have a new opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed apprentice to join the Harbour Team, based in Itchenor West Sussex. You will work as part of a small team, who are tasked with ensuring the safety of harbour users and maintenance and upkeep of moorings and infrastructure around the harbour.
What will your apprenticeship include:
During your 18-24 month apprenticeship you will gain skills and experience across all of the harbour team roles including:
- Navigation and vessel handling skills to enable you to competently skipper the range of conservancy vessels
- Towing operations and working as a barge crew member for the laying and servicing of moorings
- Cargo handling – including slinging loads, crane operations and securing cargo onboard a workboat
- Harbour patrol and enforcement duties
- Monitoring VHF radio, responding to calls for help, assisting vessels and the general public
- Assisting with the maintenance, repair, and improvement of Conservancy vessels, moorings and infrastructure
What training will you receive:
During you apprenticeship you will gain a range of professional MCA and RYA qualifications.
What to expect at the end of the apprenticeship:
The apprenticeship will provide the successful candidate with a range of skills and qualifications, which will provide good opportunities for future employment. Chichester Harbour Conservancy can offer the prospect of long-term employment for the right candidate.
Annual leave: 23 days paid leave per year in addition to statutory bank holidays
Due to the enforcement aspects of the role, candidates will need to be a minimum of 18 years of age.
The closing date for applications is Friday 26th January 2024.
Interviews will be held w/c 29th January 2024.
Please apply using the Chichester Harbour Conservancy Application Form.
Send your completed application form to Jo.email@example.com
For any enquiries please call 01243 512301