Min 6°C Max 11°C
Low Tide 02:38 14:57
Min 6°C Max 10°C
Low Tide 03:24 15:44
COASTAL DEFENCE WORKS AT EASTOKE, HAYLING ISLAND
1. Mariners are advised that work will commence around 26 May 2013 to install a rock revetment and groynes at Eastoke, on Hayling Island.
2. Rock will be brought by the 140m barge Stema Barge to an anchorage established:
50 ° 43´.90 N, 00° 57´.70 W, 50 ° 43´.90 N, 00° 57´.00 W
50 ° 43´.30 N, 00° 57´.70 W, 50 ° 43´.30 N, 00° 57´.00 W
3. The rock will be transhipped to the 82m barge Charlie Rock and towed by the handling tug Afon Goch or Afon Briant. The delivery route from the anchorage to the beach will be within the north, south corridor:
00° 57´.20 W, 00° 57´.00 W
4. The transhipment barge will leave the main barge to deliver rock to the beach approximately 2 hours before each high water.
5. The unloading process will take 8 days (subject to weather), with a 15 day gap, while the main barge reloads with rock and returns. In all there will be 3 loaded barges to discharge.
6. Rock discharge work is anticipated to finish by the end of July, beach works, including shingle recharge, will continue until the end of September.
7. Mariners are requested to keep a safe distance from the anchored and delivery vessels, and be aware that there could be obstructions in the vicinity of the beach unloading operations.
8. The barges and tugs will display all lights and marks required by the Collision Regulations, and the handling tugs will maintain a listening watch on VHF channel 16.
9. Further details on these operations are provided by the Eastern Solent Coastal Partnership: www.escp.org.uk/eastoke and safety information will be provided on the contractors website: www.eastokepoint.co.uk
10. A further LNTM will be issued on completion
Richard Craven, Harbour Master
21 May 2013