Chichester Harbour Protection and Recovery of Nature (CHaPRoN) was formed in 2021 as a partnership, led by Chichester Harbour Conservancy, working collaboratively with specialist organisations including the Environment Agency, Natural England, Sussex IFCA, Coastal Partners, RSPB, Chichester District Council and Southern Water.
CHaPRoN’s key aims are to:
• Restore ecosystems to favourable condition
• Increase biodiversity
• Achieve greater resilience to climate change
• Sequester blue carbon and contribute to net zero
• Improve water quality
• Maximise nature friendly farming opportunities
• Connect people with nature
We hope our vision for Chichester Harbour in 2050 will be achieved, creating a Harbour that functions naturally as a healthy and thriving ecosystem, maximising ecosystem services benefits and supporting nature recovery for generations to come.