Harbour Dues and Charges
If you wish to renew harbour dues or other charges, please refer to the online payment instructions in your renewal email.
If you need to make changes please contact the Harbour Office on 01243 512301.
The revenue derived from harbour dues and from mooring fees is used by the Chichester Harbour Conservancy to meet the full cost of the management of the Harbour. This covers giving advice and assistance, maintenance of navigational aids and the enforcement of byelaws. This applies if your boat is kept on a permanent mooring, in one of the marinas or if you are visiting for a week or just a day.
In accordance with Section 73 of the Chichester Harbour Conservancy Act 1971, the receipt for payment of harbour dues for the current season, which starts on 01 April and runs until 31 March of the following year, is issued in the form of a plaque which MUST BE AFFIXED on the port side aft on the hull of the craft for which payment has been made, in accordance with the instructions on the reverse. THE CHARGE WILL BE DEEMED NOT TO HAVE BEEN PAID IN RESPECT OF ANY VESSEL ON THE WATER UNLESS THE PLAQUE HAS BEEN SO AFFIXED. The owner of a vessel evading payment or not displaying a plaque is liable to a penalty three times the amount of the charge plus VAT. Section 75 of the Act of 1971 refers.
- All dues are valid from 01 April to 31 March of the following year.
- All rates reduce by 50% for vessels entering the harbour after 30 September.
- All prices quoted include VAT at 20%.
- Harbour Dues can be purchased at:
- The Harbour Office, Itchenor
- The Harbour Office, Emsworth
- From Patrol staff either on the hard at Itchenor or afloat
- Download and complete an application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. An invoice will be emailed to you for payment.
- From most sailing clubs and marinas (visitor dues only)
ALL VESSELS (INCLUDING TENDERS, JETSKIS, CANOES, KAYAKS, SUPS AND WINDSURFERS) USING THE HARBOUR HAVE A STATUTORY OBLIGATION TO PAY HARBOUR DUES AND TO DISPLAY THEIR HARBOUR DUES PLAQUE. PLEASE CALL THE HARBOUR OFFICE ON 01243 512301 FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
Download a copy of our Scale of Charges 2021/22.
If you have lost, or need a replacement harbour dues plaque a fee of £6.00 will apply. Please complete the Application for a Replacement Harbour Dues Plaque and email it to the Harbour Office at Itchenor.
(01 April 2021 to 31 March 2022)
Download a copy of our Scale of Charges 2022/23.
* Tenders up to 3m used to access a registered parent vessel within the Harbour - annual rate £6.50.Tenders up to 4m - annual rate £12.56 (limited to one tender per parent vessel).
Other Charges and Services
(01 April 2022 to 31 March 2023)
Car Park Information
- Itchenor Car Park pricing and further information can be found here.
- The tariffs shown apply to vehicles and trailers, a vehicle with a trailer should display two valid tickets in the windscreen.
- Vehicles displaying a valid disabled badge do not have to pay for parking. Disabled bays are located under the trees at the western end of the carpark next to the footpath.
- Please download the MiPermit app to pay using your smart phone. The app can be found on the Google Playstore or the Apple App Store.