LNTM No.15 of 2020
Local Notice to Mariners No.15 of 2020
COVID-19 RESPONSE – RECREATIONAL BOATING
Advice for recreational and commercial mariners is being fine-tuned regularly, and the latest guidance from Government can be found here. We highlight that:
- Overnight stays on vessels are not permitted
- Skippered charter boats are not currently permitted to operate
To maintain safety in Chichester Harbour:
- Please follow social distancing guidance.
- Observe the signage on Conservancy jetties and hards.
- The ferry at Itchenor is now operating. The wearing of face masks is mandatory and strict social distancing requirements are in place.
- The use of tenders is identified as a high-risk activity, and we caution mariners to take extra care when accessing their vessels. Click here for advice.
- Rescues pose a risk to both the casualty and the rescuer. Please ensure that your craft is well maintained and that you sail within the limits of your abilities.
We appreciate your continued support in maintaining a safe harbour. Stay alert and stay safe.
Cancel LNTM 12/2020.
Director & Harbour Master
19 June 2020